Since 1905, St. Mary's Health Center has pursued our mission of providing the highest quality of health care and revealing the healing presence of God. Today, our physicians and staff continue in this philosophy. A member of the SSM Health Care system, the first health care recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, St. Mary's first and foremost priority is to deliver exceptional care to our patients. We invite you to visit our website.
St. Mary’s was opened in 1905 as part of a faith-based healing ministry of the Franciscan Sisters of Mary. From just 38 patient rooms, the city’s first hospital has grown to 167 beds, with numerous expansions and renovations through the years. Today more than 1,100 employees plus affiliated physicians carry on the mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
- Cardiovascular Services: St. Mary’s Cardiovascular Services offers cardiac, cardiothoracic and vascular services to nearly 7,000 patients each year. As the first hospital in Jefferson City to offer open-heart surgery, St. Mary's is recognized as one of the leading cardiac care centers in the region. Skilled surgeons assisted by a team of highly trained nurses perform cardiac artery bypass grafting, thoracic aneurysm repair, abdominal aneurysm repair, valve repair and replacement, peripheral vascular procedures and aortic stent grafts.
- Emergency Services: St. Mary’s Emergency Department features the first nationally accredited Chest Pain Center between Kansas City and St. Louis. Board-certified physicians and nurses are trained in trauma, cardiac care, pediatrics, sexual assault, crisis intervention and general emergency procedures. The staff also supports a Clinical Decision Unit for advanced patient monitoring and large-scale needs. St. Mary’s ER staff consistently experience patient satisfaction in the top 10 percentile nationally.
- Orthopedic Services: From a brand-new sports medicine program to a developing spine center to rehabilitation programs that include speech, occupational and physical therapies, St. Mary’s orthopedic offerings are allowing patients to find a new path to healing and mobility. Orthopedic patients now have a hospital unit, located on the second floor, dedicated specifically to them, with private rooms, a rehabilitation gym and educational programs tailored to their needs.
- Cancer Services: The hospital offers an outpatient cancer center, on-site MRI, PET/CT imaging and mammography, a palliative care unit, and a large number of nationally certified oncology nurses – all in one centralized location.
- Outpatient Surgical Services: Key outpatient services are conveniently located near a suite of 15 spacious, private outpatient rooms. Also included are two mammography suites, special rooms for ultrasound, stereotactic imaging anda comfortable waiting area for patients and families.
- Women’s Health Services: St. Mary’s integrates programs within key services designed specifically to meet the unique needs of women. St. Mary's Women's Imaging Center offers a variety of state-of-the-art digital imaging services for screening and diagnosis. The Blessed Beginnings program at St. Mary’s offers full-service obstetric and Level II nursery services.